Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Sweet Treats :)

Hey guys. It is a beautiful day and I hope you are well and happy. I can’t complain either. Once again I would like to thank you for finding your way to this blog. You guys are just the bestest! (And yes, I know there is no word like that but I ignored autocorrect just for you) *wink wink*

Those who have had the chance to know me personally will tell for a fact that I have a sweet tooth. I am talking creamy cakes, chocolates, pies, sweets, muffins, cookies, chewing gums you name it! If it has sugar I am most definitely there. But of course I do take precaution and brush my teeth immediately after indulging in anything. We don’t want those dental carries. They are nasty!


 
However, today there is going to be different kind of sweet treat. And I am talking about nothing other than the new Android OS! Yeey, the day is finally here. The long wait is over. This 15th day of October (I hope it wasn't just a rumour) will see the unveiling of the Android mobile Operating System 4.4. It will be called…drum rolls please…KitKat. Yes, after the chocolate :)


It was initially named Key Lime Pie, but here we are! It is usually some sort of tradition or policy, for lack of a better word, that all versions of the Android OS are named after sweet desserts. Hehe, I don’t know why they chose this pattern but one could say it could be because desserts are sweet and oh so tempting. And if you are just like me, the sugar rush is kinda addictive. So I guess you can get addicted to the Operating Systems ey?

The past has seen a variety of these Android OS. Each release comes with a different feature and ability that will make something that was impossible before, possible! The OS have also been released alphabetically which saw my friends and I try to decipher which desserts started with ‘K’ and the subsequent letters. This was a very funny discussion. We came up with crazy names like Kiwi pie, Kale pudding and Krackles hehe. One of us actually mentioned Kit Kat, so he was the only one who saw this coming! But for the next version, I predict…‘lemon something’ or ‘liquorice’ ß mark this :)
                                                                                       
Allow me to briefly take you through the sweet Android OS that have already graced us with their presence. Picture source and definition from here

Android 1.5, Cupcake
Android is an open OS that can run almost any application or widget so you can do whatever it is you want to.



Android 1.6, Donut
The world’s information is at your fingertips. One can be able to search the web, get driving directions or watch videos.



Android 2.0, Éclair
With this OS, you can make your home screen just how you wanted it and arrange apps and widgets across multiple screens and in folders. The stunning live wallpapers respond to touch.



Android 2.2, Froyo
It has voice typing which lets you input text and voice actions which lets you control your phone, just by speaking.



Android 2.3, Gingerbread
This OS came with new sensors that make Android great for gaming. You can touch, tili, tap and play away.




Android 3.0, Honeycomb
This OS is optimized for tablets.




Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich
This Android OS came of age with this OS. It had a refined simple and beautiful design.




Android 4.1, Jelly Bean
This OS is fast and smooth with buttery graphics.



Android 4.4, KitKat
This is the one being unveiled today! It hopes to make Android experience available for everybody.




Apart from the unveiling of the KitKat, also set to be shown today is the Nexus 5 phone! The day just keeps getting better huh?? The device will be running on the KitKat OS. I wanted to get my hands on the Nexus 4 but now I think I will also unveil my new wants hehe. 
 

With that said, let me sign out and wait for the release. Plus, just writing about this got me craving chocolate. So I am going to get me some! I really hope you are as excited as I am and if you weren't, I hope I have inspired you to be somehow hehe. I wish you all a lovely afternoon.

Thanks for stopping bye. Ciao!


#happydays
 

No comments:

Post a Comment